Blender's Notes:In the mood for love? Wild-harvested Muira Puama-- the precious inner bark of a Brazilian riverside tree-- has been historically used as a potent aphrodisiac. This is a Cinnamon-y and very earth-y tea, lovely tea that is confirmed by many to be very relaxing and a "mind calmer". We hope it makes you feel "In the mood" for love, or relaxation, or whatever you desire most. Naturally caffeine-free.
EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION: Partridgeberry: This has been used as an emmenagogue, astringent, diuretic, parturient and styptic. Rose Hips: Loaded with vitamin C, rose hip is used for providing relief of stomach disorders including stomach spasms, stomach acid deficiency, preventing stomach irritation and ulcers, and as a "stomach tonic" for intestinal diseases. Rose hip is also used for diarrhea, constipation, gallstones, gallbladder ailments, lower urinary tract and kidney disorders, fluid retention (dropsy or edema), gout, back and leg pain (sciatica), diabetes, high cholesterol, weight loss, high blood pressure, chest ailments, fever, increasing immune function during exhaustion, increasing blood flow in the limbs, increasing urine flow and quenching thirst. Passionflower: Some people take passion flower by mouth for sleep problems (insomnia), anxiety, adjustment disorder, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), pain, fibromyalgia, relieving opioid withdrawal symptoms, reducing anxiety and nervousness before surgery, and heart failure. Cinnamon: Loaded with antioxidants. It also has anti-inflammatory effects, helps fight bacterial and fungal infections, and support blood sugar regulation Ginger: Commonly used for various types of "stomach problems," including motion sickness, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, nausea, as well as loss of appetite. Damiana: Historically used by mouth as an aphrodisiac and to treat sexual problems. It is also used to treat stomach complains such as dyspepsia, diarrhea, and constipation and to improve symptoms of menopause and premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Rose buds: Contains high concentrations of vitamin C, calms the central nervous system. Roses have the same vibrational frequency as unconditional love. Muira Puama: Often used for preventing sexual disorders and to increase interest in sexual activity (as an aphrodisiac). It is also used for upset stomach, menstrual disorders, joint pain (rheumatism),and as a general tonic and an appetite stimulant.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER The information contained in this website or in any of our literature is not presented as medical advice, nor should it be used as a substitute with a qualified and licensed physician. Although much of the information can be found in sources cited in the Tea Association of America’s brochures, on the U.S Dept. of Agriculture’s website, and in many cited independent studies, much of the investigation related to Tea and Tisanes has, unfortunately, not been thoroughly evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration to date. Our products are not designed to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any specific diseases, and therefore any information contained herein is not to be read as a specific remedy or intended to guarantee any specific result. We are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of our products or any of the suggestions or procedures discussed within. If you have specific food allergies or aversions, please note all ingredients contained in each of our organic and gluten free products. As noted above, all matters pertaining to your health and well-being should be discussed with your licensed medical physician. Thank you.
___________________ "NO- BRAINER" VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR ALL THE TEA LOVERS IN YOUR LIFE
What says I love you more than the thoughtful offering of a warm cup of tea?
Or how about Tea & Chocolate? Try the scrumptious "Tea Collection" Chocolates created by our friends at Patricia's Chocolates based out of Grand Haven, MI. The Chocolates are created exclusively with our Teas and Tisanes, and are sold as a pre-packaged six-piece ganache assortment in a classic embossed blue gift sleeve. The perfect, unique gift, DELICIOUS for you and your sweetie. They will knock your socks off..so flavorful, satisfying, and made by 2 local women artisans featured in the Tasting and Touring Michigan book, by Jaye Beeler.
Being told that we are loved is not the same as feeling loved. Knowing that the sun is shining by looking through a window is a very different experience than actually going outside & feeling the warm sunshine on your bare skin. It is a healthy & happy person who both knows that they are loved, and feels that they are loved. Basking in the warmth and light that is created from having a deep connection to others is life-giving.
Below is a simple exercise that can help you to improve your outlook, enliven your heart, open your mind, help you to be more kind, more loving, and more accepting of both yourself and others.
This is a "Loving- Kindness" exercise that is very beneficial in assisting the healing and opening of your heart. We truly hope that you enjoy!
Here's what you do...
* Assume a comfortable, seated position. Close your eyes and start to breath deeply and slowly. Relax.
* Visualize someone you love very much. Direct all your attention to this person you love . Let your heart open towards this person as you think about them. Next, mentally direct these words to your loved one: "May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be safe. May you be at ease." Repeat this 3 times. Sit for a few moments and marinate in the positive energy you've just created inside of yourself . Allow this goodness to permeate your entire body. Imagine your cells bathing in this fresh, new energy.
* Now picture yourself in the mirror. Focusing intently on yourself, take a deep breath, and with all of your heart, wish for yourself: "May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be safe. May you be at ease." Repeat 3 times. Rest.
* Next, picture someone who is a stranger to you. Bring this unknown person to the forefront of your mind, take a deep breath, and again wish these same blessings to this stranger: "May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be safe. May you be at ease." Repeat 3 times. Rest.
* Finally, see someone you don't like. This could be someone who recently hurt or upset you, or someone that you have been harboring ill-will towards for a very long time, or just someone that you feel uncomfortable around and can't seem to connect with or relate to. Picture this person, and gently pull them into your heart as you offer this person the same loving gifts that you practiced with the others in this exercise: "May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be safe. May you be at ease." Repeat 3 times. Rest.
Your life is not a journey...it is an awakening process! We are all one, made with love from the same Creator and Source of all Life- God. As you enliven the Chakra of the heart with each practice, we hope that you will enjoy the happiness, warmth and gentleness that forgiveness brings.
Enjoy yourself. Be at peace. Be well. From our hearts to yours, The Light of Day Farm Family
PICTURE: A fresh dusting of snow over the Meditation Garden - January 2021
Tea & Health
Download the Light of Day Organics health benefit synopsis. Click Here
Download our informational guide to Matcha! Click Here
Download and print our catalogue of offerings Click Here