Wintertime Tea Shop Hours: FRIDAY & SATURDAY
11-5 ...but our website is here 24/7 to serve you!
To our dear friends of the farm, let us welcome this new year with cup of warm cup of local tea in hand!
Monthly Tea Quote:
"If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too
heated, it will cool you; If you are depressed, it will
cheer you; If you are excited, it will calm you".
- by William Ewart Gladstone
-- !!$10 OFF SALE!! --
Begin nurturing your body NOW by taking advantage of a rare, overstock, clearance special we have going on on a limited amount of our TuMatcha capsules that have a "best-by" date of Feb 2020. We discovered them during a recent inventory count. They have been in our refrigerated storage at 57 degrees so freshness and full potency is guaranteed. $10 off online or in-store with code: “IFEELGOOD”
Happy New Year from Angela and Emily, enjoying a delicious cup of tea in front of the Christmas tree in the tea shop 12/19Light of Day team member, Ashley, serving cups of tea in the bright December sunshine! 12/19 View from the tea shop of the farm with fresh Farm with blanket of snow 12/17/19A warm and uplifting cup of our Levitating Lemon on a cold winters day 1/20 "You're much more likely to get out there and do that "thing" that you were born to do, when you feel happy and energized!" ~an Angela quote from tea class
- "The 40 day challenge", is a holistic wellness concept we love to share around here because it is intended to help support the whole human: mind, body & spirit. The organic ingredients that comprise the Light of Day products piece, can help support the body's necessary filtration process, helping us feel clean and light. It entails committing for just 40 days to a diet rich in produce grown in healthy, vital soil, free of animal products (such as milk and cheese), and free of gluten (found in wheat, rye and barley grains).
- The second component of the 40 day challenge is adding in lots of our premium quality Ceremonial Green Tea, specifically taking two of our 500 mg. Veggie shell- made in the USA Matcha capsules in the morning, then repeating the 2 capsule suggested serving four hours later (around lunch time), as they can really help get your mood elevated and your metabolism fired up, and help you feel much more focused and "at the top of your game" during these dreary winter months. If you're not into capsules, no problem. We only suggest them first because of their convenience. We also have the Matcha in powder form available in a 40 gram tin or a 200 gram bag -see by clicking the blue links.
- The third component is adding in the botanicals to the mix. Right as Rain is our featured product for January because it is comprised of tried and true medicinal herbs that have been used for centuries to support the detoxification process. Making a pot of Right as Rain and drinking it every day for 2 weeks is a great way to rehydrate while nourishing your body, and gently asking it to start the cleansing process. After steeping your tea, we also suggest tossing those steeped ingredients into a smoothie, your oatmeal, or some soup for further benefits from EATING those ingredients, rather than just drinking the water off the leaf.
- The next two elements are of a different nature:
- 1) Committing to some quiet time every day. We suggest 15 minutes of quiet time sitting in a comfortable upright position just upon wakening, and then repeating just before bedtime. Do some gentle stretching and enjoy long, deep belly breaths.
- 2) Surround yourself with loving, positive humans
- 3) Make a point to be very gentle and loving to everyone and everything.
- 4) Practice gratitude & intense appreciation by recording what you are thankful for in a journal, and by sending thank you notes to those you love.
The general idea is that by changing your diet to mostly plant-based foods, your body won't be working so hard to assimilate animal and gluten proteins, and the delicious ingredients in our products are doing their job to decrease systemic inflammation, improve circulation to help flush out toxins and carry freshly oxygenated blood more efficiently to help improve cognitive function, raise metabolism, elevate your mood, calm you anxieties, create a new habit with the contemplative time and gratitude work to wrap your heart in love...you'll feel so much better! The results will be obvious to you, and after the 40 day commitment, you will likely continue on our own because you feel revitalized -enjoying much more energy and inner calm.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website or in any of our literature is not presented as medical advice, nor should it be used as a substitute with a qualified and licensed physician. Although much of the information can be found in sources cited in the Tea Association of America’s brochures, on the U.S Dept. of Agriculture’s website, and in many cited independent studies, much of the investigation related to Tea and Tisanes has, unfortunately, not been thoroughly evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration to date. Our products are not designed to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any specific diseases, and therefore any information contained herein is not to be read as a specific remedy or intended to guarantee any specific result. We are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of our products or any of the suggestions or procedures discussed within. If you have specific food allergies or aversions, please note all ingredients contained in each of our organic and gluten free products. An noted above, all matters pertaining to your health and well-being should be discussed with your licensed medical physician. Thank you.
Right as Rain's 100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
Raspberry Leaf, Fenugreek, Flax, Anise Hyssop, Peppermint, Oatleaf, Nettles, Alfalfa, Red Clover, Dandelion, Yarrow, Valerian, Oak Bark and Milk Thistle
Blender’s Notes: This tisane is a personal favorite…one pot a day for 2 weeks straight at each change of season….keeps me feeling “Right as Rain all year long". Contains many of the same components that we use in our Biodynamic preparations to support living soil. So delicious! Naturally caffeine-free.
EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION ON RIGHT AS RAIN
Raspberry Leaf: Drinking raspberry leaf tea has many benefits for women. It is said to help with conception, as it clears toxins from your system that may be preventing pregnancy. Strengths and tones the uterine wall. May also help support the regulation of hormones.
Fenugreek: Known to help with Inflammation, Increasing Breastmilk Production, Boost Testosterone, Lower Blood Sugar.
Flax: A great source of fiber. It is a plant source of omega-3. These essential fatty acids ("essential" meaning they must be consumed because our bodies don’t make them) play an important role in the anti-inflammatory system of our body. Flax contains the shorter chain omega-3 called ALA (alpha-linolenic acid).
Anise Hyssop: Anise Hyssop known to help expel mucus making it ideal for treating colds. Also used to help calm frazzled nerves, so it can be relaxing.
Peppermint: Calming and beneficial for a host of digestive complaints. Can be mood elevating. Aids concentration.
Oatleaf: Very calming and soothing herb it is also useful for sleep issues and insomnia, or mental or physical agitation. In addition to its nutritive value, oat tea is a gentle way to restore emotional balance and healthy libido.
Nettles: High in protein, rich in iron, and used historically to support healthy urinary function. May have mild diuretic action.
Alfalfa: In traditional American folk medicine, it has been administered as a nutritive tonic. Alfalfa has been used in traditional Chinese medicine, making its first appearance around 200 CE during the Han Dynasty, to treat digestive system support and to help stimulate the appetite.
Red Clover: Rich in Vitamin C. Red Top clover has many historical uses including: indigestion, high cholesterol, whooping cough, cough, asthma, bronchitis, cancer prevention, and some women use red clover for symptoms of menopause (hot flashes).
Dandelion: A bitter herb used to support liver health. According to traditional Chinese Medicine, Dandelion clears heat from the liver and has a beneficial effect on the stomach and lungs, and it can uplift the mood and support lactation.
Yarrow: A bitter herb used to support liver health. Common uses include to ease menstrual cramps and hormone issues (not for use during pregnancy). Often helps with congestion symptoms from allergies and illness.
Valerian: A bitter herb used to support liver health. A popular use is to promote healthy relaxation and sleep and to decrease anxiety.
Oak Bark: It is said to help with inflammation including arthritis, diarrhea, colds, fever, cough, and bronchitis; for stimulating appetite; and for improving digestion. Also used as a Biodynamic Preparation to prevent fungus and molds on plants.
Milk Thistle: Milk thistle supports the liver's natural detoxification process and supports lactation.
Looking for a new and inspirational read to welcome in the New Year and help to prioritize your well-being? Light of Day's founder, Angela, is featured in this wonderfully uplifting book that shares how top leaders have leveraged their well being for success. It is a great read that shows us that we truly can change ourselves from the inside out!
View of the farm on Winter Solstice 12/2019
Peace, Love, and TEA! Shown here is our Right as Rain Tisane 12/2019
The tea shop shelves stocked and ready for holiday shoppers 12/2019
Snow covered birds nest just outside the tea shop 12/2019
Peace to all as we welcome in a new decade !
The Light of Day Farm Family