'Twas the night before Christmas,when all through the housenot a kettle was singingnot even an ounceThe stockings were hung by the chimney with care,in hopes that the Tea Fairy soon would be there!Our featured tea of the month :
100% Organic Ingredients:
Black Tea, Orange, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Peppermint, Spearmint, Clove
Blender's Notes: Light brown liquor, mildly minty and delicately "spiced up" with Clove, Cardamom, and Mints. Just outstanding! This is our "Christmas Tea" offering.
Black Tea: Black Tea is chock full of the antioxidants known as polyphenols, and studies have shown other benefits to include improved oral health, cancer prevention, stress relief, improved immunity, and increased energy.
Orange Peel: Rich in flavonoids, high in vitamin c, and rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties.
Clove: For centuries they have drank clove tea to soothe abdominal pain. It is said to stimulate blood flow, saliva production and gastric secretions to aid in digestion.
Cinnamon: Loaded with antioxidants. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory effects and fight bacterial and fungal infections.
Cardamom: Packed with antioxidants, aids in digestion. According to Chinese tradition, drinking cardamom tea is known to be the secret to longevity. Cardamon tea helps in flushing out toxins and keeps your internal systems clean. Ayurveda Expert Dr. Ashutosh Gautam suggests that cardamom is one such spice that must be consumed on a daily basis in order to stay healthy and increase your life span.
Peppermint: Calming and beneficial for a host of digestive complaints. Mood elevating. Aids concentration.
Spearmint: Contains vitamins, antioxidants, vital nutrients, and can help with nausea, indigestion, and headaches. Dermatologists recommending 2 cups of Spearmint Tea per day for acne!
'Tis the season for the gift of TEA! There are endless combinations that will create the perfect offering of comfort and joy for you and for the ones you love.
Let us help you fill your stockings!
Chakra Sampler Deluxe gift box
Creamy Earl Grey & Light of Day infuser mug
Hummingbird Nectar Christmas Tea, Honu Chai, Heartwarming Cinnamon, Light of Day Infuser Mug, Light of day traveler mugs with infuser. Matcha powder, capsules, bamboo scoop, bamboo whisk_______________________________
December's Menu of festive, delicious teas for our fun & educational Saturday Tea Flights:
On SATURDAYS until Christmas, from 11am - 4pm, we offer a full flight of Tea guided joyfully by one of our friendly & knowledgeable Tea-evangelists for just $10 per person. "What's a Flight of Tea" you ask? Our Flight of Tea is intended to allow you & a pal to belly-up to our Tea Bar and experience a tea from each category we sell, a White, Green, Oolong & Black Tea, a Tisane AND top it off with a tasty, enlivening. cognitive-function cheerleading shot of Matcha
smoothie (Pineapple/ Vanilla coconut milk smoothie).Here is this month's line up & Educational Information about the ingredients within the offerings
:White Tea: Enlightened White 100% Certified Organic Ingredients
: White Tea buds and leaves, Tangerine, Orange, Lotus petalsBlender's Notes
: A lightly colored infusion of delicate new growth tea leaves and subtle citrus notes. White tea grown here on our certified Biodynamic farm is used in this special blend. Naturally lightly-caffeinated.
Educational Information for "Enlightened White"
Green Tea: Genmai-cha100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
- WHITE TEA BUDS AND LEAVES - Diseases and medical conditions are mainly caused by pathogens, which attack the immune system making it difficult for the body to operate at a normal capacity. White tea has antibacterial properties which can protect our skin from bacteria and other germs.
- TANGERINE- provide a good variety of nutrients, including potassium, thiamin and folate. Tangerines contain more vitamin A than oranges, though oranges are lower in calories and higher in vitamin C and fiber
- ORANGE - The antioxidant vitamin C, when eaten in its natural form (as in an orange) or applied topically, can help to fight skin damage caused by the sun and pollution, reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin texture. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the formation of collagen, the support system of your skin
- LOTUS PETALS- relaxing, soothing, with sedative qualities can help with anxiety… and bringing about that peaceful-loving feeling.
Green Tea, Puffed Rice
Blender’s Notes: This is a certified organic steamed Sencha tea base, with toasted and puffed rice. This toasty-reminiscent of popcorn-y blend has really endeared itself to us
Educational Information for "Genmai-cha"
Oolong: Black Oolong
- SENCHA GREEN TEA - Green Tea possesses a high content of antioxidants and polyphenols, known for neutralizing the potentially harmful effects of free radicals.
- RICE - Brown rice contains selenium, an important mineral, it has shown promise in research for potentially help regulating thyroid hormones and cholesterol levels.
100% Certified Organic Ingredients: Oolong Tea
Blender's Notes: This is our farm’s “Black” Oolong- very dark wirey Shui Xang-style leaf. Dark brown, smooth, toasty liquor. Caffeinated. Outstanding!
Educational Information for "Black Oolong"
Black: Honu Chai100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
- OOLONG TEA - Oolong tea can even be excellent for aiding specific health conditions when combined with treatment, such as helping to lower high blood pressure in a more natural way, or helping to lower the levels of cholesterol in your blood.
Black Tea, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Vanilla bean extract, Clove, Raw Cane Sugar, Maple syrup bits
Blender's Notes: All infused with our farm’s secret Chai recipe. Loads of Cinnamon and Vanilla! May be enjoyed “as is” or with a touch of Coconut cream, Rice or Soy milk. Delicious! A nice choice for an afternoon pick ‘r upper! Mmm!
EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION For "Honu Chai"
Tisane: Mitten-time Mint100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
- BLACK TEA - Black tea is also full of healthy substances called polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that can help protect your cells from DNA damage.
- GINGER - has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional/alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold
- CINNAMON - contains large amounts of highly potent polyphenol antioxidants. believed to balance the spleen, kidney, heart, and liver meridians and to stimulate circulation and the movement of 'chi' or energy. It is considered to be warming to the kidneys and is particularly useful in cold or stagnant conditions
- CARDAMOM - may help lower blood pressure, most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
- VANILLA BEAN EXTRACT - Natural vanilla extract contains numerous antioxidants, including vanillic acid and vanillin. Science has demonstrated that antioxidants protect your body from damage from harmful components, such as free radicals and toxins.
- CLOVE - contain fiber, vitamins and minerals, so using whole or ground cloves to add flavor to your food can provide some important nutrients, flavor and tantalizing aroma.
- RAW CANE SUGAR - is a coarse-textured granulated sugar with a light amber color and sparkly appearance. Its sweet flavor is slightly caramel-like.
- MAPLE SYRUP BITS - Consuming maple syrup which is high in antioxidant especially zinc, can help the body to build strong immune system and prevent from disease. An abundant sweetener that we suggest humans use in place of honey so that the honeybees can use the honey they produce to support their families over the wintertime.
Rooibos, Peppermint, Cacao, Apple
Blender's Notes: This product was blended to taste like our favorite cookie of all time…the Girl Scout Thin Mint. and we think we nailed it! A popular dessert tea, this one is just heavenly.
Educational Information for "Mitten-time Mint"
- ROOIBOS - tea contains vital minerals including calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and alpha hydroxyl acid. As with most true teas and herbal teas, it also contains high levels of vitamin C along with powerful antioxidants such as aspalathin that offer extensive health benefits.
- PEPPERMINT - may relieve digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating and indigestion. Aroma is stimulating and enlivening.
- CACAO - earthy flavor balanced with a slight bitterness. The aroma is slightly dry with rich overtones. Unlike many chocolate products, cacao nibs are naturally low in sugar. They’re also a good source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats — nutrients that help promote feelings of fullness.
- APPLE - are loaded with vitamin C, especially in the skins, which are also full of fiber
100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
This 40 gram tin contains 40 (1 gram) servings. 1 gram is roughly a level 1/2 teaspoon.
Limited edition of the World’s finest certified 100% certified organic premium ceremonial grade Matcha Green tea. Strong and crisp- loaded with freshness and unique Green Tea anti-oxidants that researchers have been fascinated with and excited about. For Tea Ceremony- everyday! Highest amount of O.R.A.C units per gram (antioxidants) of any plant known to man. There are 20 servings per oz. (1/2 tsp. per person per day) with suggested serving size of 1/2 tsp. or 1 gram per person per serving. This is a real treasure- so nurture yourself today with this “drink of the Samurai!” Be sure to “subscribe” to our newsletter so that we can send you HEALTH file and recipes which includes good information about this special and historic drink.
Matcha, is a product that we could grow here at Light of Day Organics (because Tea is one of the botanicals that we grow- we have hoop houses full of tea plants!) but we do not currently own the equipment necessary to de-vein or to grind the Tencha leaf into a fine powder within the low oxygen laboratory setting it requires. Therefore, we rely on other certified organic farmers around the globe to grow to our guidelines and process to our standards this remarkable product for us. Because of concerns in the news re. radiation (in Japan) and heavy metal contamination (China), each batch of Matcha and the soils they are grown in are tested thoroughly to ensure that we are all enjoying the highest quality, safest matcha available to us today! We hope that you enjoy this product as much as we do!
We do offer our Matcha in CAPSULES too! Two capsules once a day is equivalent to the 1/2 tsp suggested serving size. These are great for those of use that may not always have the time to prepare the Matcha in a smoothie form.
Blessings of peace to you and yours this holiday season,
the Light of Day Farm Family
World peace flag in front of Yurt at Light of Day Farm 11/15/19
Looking for a special event space?
Need a unique venue for creating a special and memorable event in 2020?
Light of Day is THE perfect location! Please email LeeAnna for details: email@example.com