August 2019 Newsletter
6 months, 3 weeks
As usual, summer is flying by...
But there is still plenty time to attend one of our Yurt Tea classes or rent our sacred Yurt space or Gazebo & Meditation Garden as a special place to gather with your friends, family or co-workers to enjoy basking in one another's company and celebrate this season in the beautiful surroundings and good vibes of this Demeter Biodynamic farm.
|UPCOMING TEA EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIESTEA 101 CLASS
August 16, 2019 – 3pm TEA WELLNESS WORKSHOP
August 17, 2019 – 10:30am
September 7, 2019 - 10:30am
September 14, 2017 - 10:30am
October 12, 2019 - 2pm
October 26, 2019 - 2pm -
Our classes are kept small intentionally to keep intimate, so please reserve your seat well in advance for these memorable and highly informative holistic classes.
Click here to sign up for August classes TEA 101 and TEA WELLNESS,
NEW ITEM: The Chakra Tea Sampler Deluxe!
Click here to check it out: Chakra Tea Sampler Deluxe Box Set
This is a fantastic gift for yourself or a friend and is available online or in our tea shop for $125
August's Featured Tea Tasting Flight
Every FRIDAY & SATURDAY from 11am - 4pm in August we will continue to offer a flight of Teas to taste for just $10. What's a "Flight" of Tea you ask? Our Flight of Tea allows you to stop by our Tea Bar and sample a tea from each category. We include aWhite, Green, Oolong and Black Tea, along with a Tisane AND top it off with a smoothie shot of Matcha! Plus, you get a little Tea Education from one of our knowledgeable staff of trained "Tea-evangelists".
White Tea: Cherry Mint100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
White Tea buds and leaves, Montmorency Cherry, Hibiscus, Spearmint, Peppermint, Maple Syrup bits
Blender' Notes: A lightly colored pink infusion of delicate new growth tea leaves, and subtle cherry, mint and tart notes from the Hibiscus. White tea grown here on our certified Biodynamic farm is used in this special blend. Naturally lightly-caffeinated.
Educational Information for "Cherry Mint"
- WHITE TEA BUDS AND LEAVES - Diseases and medical conditions are mainly caused by pathogens, which attack the immune system making it difficult for the body to operate at a normal capacity. White tea has antibacterial properties which can protect our bodies from bacteria and other germs.
- MONTMORENCY CHERRY - Montmorency cherries contain vitamins, antioxidant compounds and fiber, which may help decrease the risk of a variety of serious medical problems.
- HIBISCUS - Hibiscus is a good source of anthocyanins, which make it a beneficial tool in the management of elevated blood pressure, the common cold, and urinary tract infections.
- SPEARMINT - The most important health benefits of Spearmint include its ability to improve digestion, prevent and treat acne, boost respiratory health, optimize hormonal levels, relieve stress, increase circulation, maximize heart health, and protect and strengthen the immune system. High in Zinc.
- PEPPERMINT - Including Peppermint leaves in the daily diet or having a cup of tea brewed from the leaves is one of the best ways to soothe the digestive tract in a natural way. A natural mood elevator when used as aromatherapy.
- MAPLE SYRUP BITS - Consuming maple syrup which is high in antioxidant especially zinc, can help the body to build strong immune system and prevent from disease. An abundant sweetener that we suggest humans use in place of honey so that the honeybees can use the honey they produce to support their families over the wintertime.
Green Tea: Levitating Lemon100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
Sencha Green Tea, Yerba Mate, Lemon Balm, Lemon peel, and Lemongrass
Blender’s Notes: This is the “super lemon-“y”, happiness-inducing Green Tea that everyone’s been asking for. Organic Sencha green tea base, with the added “pick-‘R’upper” qualities Yerba Mate is known for. Has been described as a “tasting just like a fresh Lemon scone”.
Educational Information for "Levitating Lemon"
- SENCHA GREEN TEA - Green Tea possesses a high content of antioxidants and polyphenols, known for neutralizing the potentially harmful effects of free radicals.
- YERBA MATE - From the dried leaves of an evergreen Holly, Ilex paraguariensis (a native plant of South America) and contains beneficial phytonutrients such as chlorophyll, flavonoids and trace minerals.
- LEMON BALM - This herbal allay contains flavonoids and phenolic acids that can help fight viruses.
- LEMON PEEL - This citrus favorite is rich in Calcium, Potassium, Vitamin C and polyphenol flavonoids. Polyphenols have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, and may protect from oxidative stress and some diseases. Polyphenols are divided into several groups, one of which is represented by flavonoids. Plants produce flavonoids as a protection against parasites, oxidative injury and harsh climatic conditions.
- LEMONGRASS - This plant is rich in Potassium, antioxidants, Vitamins A and C, as well as Citral which has strong antimicrobial qualities.
Oolong: Black Oolong
100% Certified Organic Ingredients: Oolong Tea
Notes: New! This is our farm’s “Black” Oolong- very dark wirey Shui Xang-style leaf. Dark brown, smooth, toasty liquor. Caffeinated. Outstanding!
Educational Information for "Black Oolong"
- OOLONG TEA - Oolong tea can even be excellent for aiding specific health conditions when combined with treatment, such as helping to lower high blood pressure in a more natural way, or helping to lower the levels of cholesterol in your blood. Became famous when Oprah promoted Oolong tea as a weight loss aid.
Black: Creamy Earl Grey100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Lavender, Vanilla Bean Extract, Calendula Petals, Oil of Bergamot
EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION for "Creamy Earl Grey"
- BLACK TEA - Black tea is also full of healthy substances called polyphenols. Polyphenols are antioxidants that can help protect your cells from DNA damage.
- BLUE CORNFLOWERS - The plant’s medicinal value lies primarily in its anti-inflammatory properties. Taken internally as an herbal tea, it is thought to aid in soothing stomach ulcers, while rinsing with the tea is used to speed the healing of sores or bleeding gums in the mouth.
- LAVENDER - Some studies suggest that consuming lavender as a tea can help digestive issues such as vomiting, nausea, intestinal gas, upset stomach, and abdominal swelling.
- VANILLA BEAN EXTRACT - Natural vanilla extract contains numerous antioxidants, including vanillic acid and vanillin. Antioxidants protect your body from damage from harmful components, such as free radicals and toxins.
- CALENDULA PETALS - Calendula is an age-old antifungal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, wound-healing ally. It is the emollient ingredient that makes this tea taste "creamy" on your tongue.
- OIL OF BERGAMOT - Tasty and aromatic Bergamot essential oil helps stimulate hormonal secretions, thereby helping to maintain proper metabolic rates. This stimulating effect also increases the secretion of digestive juices, bile, and insulin.
Tisane: Leelanau Licorice100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
Licorice root and Peppermint leaves
Blender’s Notes: Soothing and sweet. Minty. Just outstanding! This is the tea we build this company on…sampling it every weekend at local farmer’s markets. This blender’s first choice when I have a sore throat or upset tummy. Naturally caffeine-free
Educational Information for "Leelanau Licorice"
- LICORICE ROOT - Licorice is taken by mouth for various digestive system complaints including stomach ulcers, heartburn, colic, and ongoing inflammation of the lining of the stomach (chronic gastritis).
- PEPPERMINT - Peppermint tea benefits has antibacterial properties against microscopic organisms which are the reason for diseases like fever and hack.
100% Certified Organic Ingredients:
This 40 gram tin contains 40 (1 gram) servings. 1 gram is roughly a level 1/2 teaspoon.
Limited edition of the World’s finest certified 100% certified organic premium ceremonial grade Matcha Green tea. Strong and crisp- loaded with freshness and unique Green Tea anti-oxidants that researchers have been fascinated with and excited about. For Tea Ceremony- everyday! Highest amount of O.R.A.C units per gram (antioxidants) of any plant known to man. There are 20 servings per oz. (1/2 tsp. per person per day) with suggested serving size of 1/2 tsp. or 1 gram per person per serving. This is a real treasure- so nurture yourself today with this “drink of the Samurai!” Be sure to “subscribe” to our newsletter so that we can send you HEALTH file and recipes which includes good information about this special and historic drink.
Matcha, is a product that we could grow here at Light of Day Organics (because Tea is one of the botanicals that we grow) but we do not currently own the equipment necessary to de-vein or to grind the Tencha leaf into a fine powder within the laboratory setting it requires. Therefore, we rely on other certified organic farmers around the globe to grow and process this remarkable product for us. Because of concerns in the news lately re. radiation and heavy metal contamination, each batch of Matcha and the soils they are grown in are tested thoroughly to ensure that we are all enjoying the highest quality, safest matcha available to us today! We hope that you enjoy this product as much as we do!
We do offer our Matcha in CAPSULES too! Two capsules once a day is equivalent to the 1/2 tsp. (1 gram) suggested serving size. These are great for those of use that may not always have the time to prepare the Matcha in a smoothie form.
Beautiful blooms at the Tea Farm...
"Lucifer" African Lily "Cup Plant" "Annabelle Hydrangea" "Lacecap Hydrangea" "Butterfly Weed"
Tea & Health
Download the Light of Day Organics health benefit synopsis.Click Here
Download our informational guide to Matcha!Click Here
Download our complete tea catalogue.Click Here.
Share on Facebook