Bee Appreciation Class, with Del Whitman (our wonderful bee keeper)
BACK THIS SUMMER by popular demand, Light of Day is very pleased to announce Honey Bee Appreciation Class!
- DATE: October 26th, 2013
- TIME: 2-4 pm
- FEE: $49
- Dress in comfortable, warm, layered clothing & bring a jacket
- TOPICS INCLUDED:
- The role of the honey bee in our ecology
- Honey Tasting: Peach Blossom, Orange Blossom, Cactus Blossom, Fireweed, Buckwheat, and Light of Day’s multi-floral single origin honey made with love from happy bees living here on our Biodynamic farm
- Soap Making with Honey
- Honey Extraction
- World history of bee keeping
- Evolution of modern beekeeping practices
- Modern challenges to honey bee health: parasites, man made toxins, colony collapse
- What to do if you want to start keeping bees
- The concept of the Honey Bee colony as a “Super organism”
- and much more!
Please call 231-228-7234 for more information and to reserve your seat. Class sizes limited to keep intimate and to promote the most optimal teacher to student ratio for this incredible experience!