Detox, Restore, Renew and Connect-
- a yoga event at Shanti School of Yoga- Saturday, January 12th, 6-8 p.m. Light of Day Organics Tea offerings chosen to support your well-being: Right as Rain, Be Still, and Sun in the Winter. Namaste!
Northwestern Michigan College’s
FESTIVAL OF FOODS: Saturday, February 9, 2013
“Tea for Life!” – “It’s more than a warm drink, it’s a way of life,” says Angela Macke, R.N., horticulturalist, and owner of Light of Day Organic Farm and Tea Shop. Come taste delicious teas and learn about the many facets of tea including production, origins, and many health benefits including combating depression, decreasing inflammation and supporting the immune system.
NEW! Bee Appreciation Class, with Del Whitman
By popular demand, Light of Day is very pleased to announce a new class offering: Honey Bee Appreciation!
- DATE: next class date to be announced
- TOPICS INCLUDED:
- The role of the honey bee in our ecology
- Honey Tasting: Peach Blossom, Orange Blossom, Cactus Blossom, Fireweed, Buckwheat, and Light of Day’s multi-floral single origin honey made with love from happy bees living here on our Biodynamic farm
- Soap Making with Honey
- Honey Extraction
- World history of bee keeping
- Evolution of modern beekeeping practices
- Modern challenges to honey bee health: parasites, man made toxins, colony collapse
- What to do if you want to start keeping bees
- The concept of the Honey Bee colony as a “Super organism”
- and much more!
Please call 231-228-7234 for more information and to reserve your seat. Class sizes limited to keep intimate and to promote the most optimal teacher to student ratio for this incredible experience!